Friday, September 14, 2007
College Relationships
The three college relationships that we talked in class, i think apply to everyone. Some students may apply to one or more than one at the same time. Lately i have been observing relationships among campus and i see that there are a lot of boys and girls "going out". There are also a lot of just friends relationships, where the boy and the girl are in the "just talking" phase of a relationship. What have you observed about the different types of relationships on campus?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I notice that most guys and girls on campus get along unlike high school were you knew almost everyone and most of the people knew about you. College is much diffrent because most people don't know who you are and it is much easier to have a better rep and going out with girls is a lot easeir cause you have so many differnt types of people to pick from and so many differnt choices that you can find the one that matches your personality. Also there ar'nt as many social groups as i can see in college and I beleive it is a lot easier to just get along with all types of people.
I agree with Neil that there is a sense of ease when communicating, and its not just as boys and girls. Its with faculty, and other students with out regarding sexual orientation. There are no cliques that forces you to go talk to, and here unlike other colleges, you can just talk to about anyone and get a smile, and they talk back. As far as to the relationship matter, I see more hook ups, and the more people who say they are just "talking" are involved in the hook up, and after that night, the other sex is gone out of there head. I have not witnessed alot of dating here, the normal dating I have encountered on campus involves a boyfriend or girlfriend OFF-Campus.
Since it's only about a month into college, i don't really see that many serious relationships as far as freshman go. I do know of a few you were here over the summer, but for the most part, we're all just getting to know each other. So, for now the serious relationships on campus (unless they knew each other from high school) seem to be pretty low, and if there is and interest, most would be in the "just talking" stage.
To be completely honest I havent even noticed anything about the relationships around campus. I mean yeah i agree that people are always in one stage or another but its the way each person interpets them. But what do i know im just a freshman once again.
I agree somewhat. on campus I have seen very few serious relationships but alot of people are considered "talking". Since it's only been a month I think that people are still getting to know eachother and meet people similar to themselves. so give it about another month and there will be more serious relationshps!
The only relationship that I have seen so far are just people talking. There are very few serious relationships because like Brandi said we have only been here a month, so there has not been enough time for that. The only serious relationships are people that come to college with a girlfriend or a boyfriend and they go home a lot to see them.
I have noticed that a lot of people around campus have been guys and girls hanging out a lot, just hanging out it seems like to me.. but you never know it could be more than that, i don't know but I'm sure a lot of people are just starting to get to know each other and they are in the stage of just "talking" and getting to know each other. I think after a while though you will see more of couples getting closer and probably holding hands soon, i haven't seen much of that yet but im sure we all will before to long.
Ive observed that there are no real serious relationships around campus! Most people have the mentality that they are at college to "enjoy" themselves, rather than to settle down after only a month! People are talking and getting to know each other, rather than jumping into a relationship. This then leads to casual hook ups and so on. I have noticed that alot of people are ending their relationships outside college, so that they can "enjoy themselves" which leads to more and more casual relationships.
I have to say most girls at the beginning of school they were in a relationship with a guy back home. Why? I don't know. But now, they are starting to experiment with guys here now. Most relationships happen on one night in college. Rarely you will see serious relationships in college. Now, in college most relationships are "talking" relationships.
I noticed that everyone is friendly and it is easier to get along with people because you are not constantly in contact with the same people. Also it is all new people and we are all more mature than highschool where we just wanted to fit in. I also noticed that people are openly kissing in public and it's accepted with no problem. So far I love the way college is with friends!
I have noticed that many people dont really want to get into "relationships", they just want to have a friend they can hang out with without being tied down. I think when we enter the college world we want to experience as much as we can and being in a relationship can hold us back from doing whatever it is we want to do. Relationships in general with the people around us, its like everyone is open to everything around. There aren't many groups. You are free to be yourself and people are ok with that. It's like we're all one big family.
-Holly
I find that college relationships are so much easier. Talking to a guy or just hanging out is easier because there are no cliques to deal with or the drama that goes on in highschool relationships. I believe as people begin to grow closer, they will grow into more serious relationships but as for now things pretty much are staying in the "friend" stage.
I think a college relationship is better because you and the other half has hopefully became more of adults and has lift all the child like play ,"he said, she said talk." behind. I also, think that it is easier to have a relationship because the both of you would know how to talk out your problems if there are any and the both of you would be more of adults to understand that you want get to talk to each other every minute of every day because of studying and class but still have time for each other.
I think that most people here at college are either about hooking up or finding something serious. Although it seems like alot of people here have a significant other.
Post a Comment