| The life without parents in college! The thing about college to me is that I don't have any parents to wake me up in the morning, make me do my homework, make me go to bed early to get rest for school, or even cook and clean for me. Also, they cant even make me come in early if I decide to stay out late. I like life without parents in college but I still miss them. How do you feel about life without parents while in college. |
Monday, September 10, 2007
The life without parents
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
I understand completely what Jamion is saying. I miss my mom cooking and cleaning for me but I don't miss her giving me orders and curfews. I love the freedom to whatever and whenever I want. It's time for us to stop relying on our parents and be adults.
I agree with Daniel in that it is time for us to become adults. Even though I miss my mom cooking and hanging out with me, I don't miss the arguments. The freedom is nice and learning to rely on myself has been a challenge, but in the end it will all be worth it to be called an adult.
I agree with Daniel and Brittany. I do miss both of my parents and everything that they use to do for me. However, it is time for me to grow up and learn how to take care of myself. I know my parents are always going to be there for me, but I want to be able to succeed on my own, and that will let them know that they did raise me right.
I for one, really don't miss my parents at all! They were way to restrictive and didn't really do that many things for me. I mean, i appreciate them paying for college, but i could be completely content on only seeing them on holidays. Home life for me was midnight curfews and chores galore! It feels good to do what i want, when i want to do it, and only have to do my own laundry and cleaning!
I agree with them also. Life is much less complicated sometimes without parents around to argue and puch you around. I miss mine alot but a simple phone call is all it takes and things are better.
Not having my parents around as much anymore now that im a college student and live away from home is somewhat nice. I like the freedom and not having to check up all the time. Im able to do things on my own at my own time. I do miss both of my parents very much because we shared a very close relationship and did a lot together, so not being able to be with them sometimes is very hard. I miss the good food thats for sure!
-Holly M.
Well I for one leave close to home, a short 20 minute drive has me there. I think Lenoir Rhyne just feels like home for me in a hotel. I can travel back home for my clothes to be washed, and still grab a nice home cooked meal. I do love the freedom, as many of you are totally released. I chose this college to stay close with my family. I was never really restricted at home, never really done chores at all. So my biggest adjustment is telling myself to clean my room.
I commute to school and live with my parents. I can't really relate to how you feel about being away from parents but I feel living at home with my parents at 18 sucks! At 18 and being in college you would think your parents would treat you like an adult and let your cerfew be later and what not. Nope definitly not for me! The nice thing about being at home is that they pay for everything and if I need something from them i can get it right away! And to go with Brittany's point, the arguements are still there and strong haha! Not to mention the fact that I'm a mom now. That should give me even more freedom and respect. Now all I hear is how i need to do this as a mom and do that as a mom. JEEZE WHEN AM I GOING TO GET A BREAK!
~LiZ~
I completely agree that Life without my parents in college is fun and I love to be able to go out and do whatever I want to and be in whenever I want to be, but at the same time i miss them both a whole lot. I like being without them though because I don't need to always count on them and I need to experience and make my own decisions without them.
Being here without my parents is fun. It's nice not being told what to do, but at the same time there are times I wish my mom could be here. Like when I need money or don't feel like washing my clothes. Or just when I want to talk to her about something that's bothering me. One of those talks that I only want to talk to my mom about because no one else knows me as well as she does. It's makes me feel better however knowing I'm learning to survive on my own.
Lawson
I agree with what was said. I mean i got so use to living at home where my mom did everything for me like clean, cook, and do landury. But now since ive been in college its different because im use to all those things but id have to say without my parents i feel like i have more freedom also. so life in college is definitly different then what i was use to with living with my parents but i like it alot.
I think that everybosy since they have been in college miss their parents just a little bit. Just like Jamion said they are not here to tell us what to do and when to do it, we are all adults now and it is our responsibility to do things right. I think most people miss the little things that their parents did such as cooking washing clothes.
I do agree with Jamion totally. But it really hasnt been that hard for me, because at my house it has been just me and dad for the past 3 years. So I have learned how to cook, clean, and wash clothes. I do miss my dad and my grandparents a whole lot, but im getting used to the college life.
Life without parents in college is great. It can be hard at times because sometimes you don't even know what to do. I miss my perants and there cooking. Sometimes its hard not to be able to talk to him in person and just discuss problems that i might be having in school. Another reason i like it is because no curefue it used to be 12:00 and now it really does not matter what time i get in bed but i do try and getin bed sorta early to be ready for school the following day.
For the past 5 years i've been doing the cooking and cleaning for myself and i usually go to sleep early and wake up on time. I mean I miss my mom but not to where i want to go home every weekend. Change honestly doesn't bother me that much. Cause for the most part i usually feel like i'm at a camp, except i have more freedom and don't have to ask to go to the bathroom.I love not having to put up with my family all the time, i know that sounds bad, but sometimes they can be pretty annoying.
Post a Comment