Think about your experience in trying to navigate public space--- either familiar or unfamiliar to you. In what ways does your environment control your actions? Is this a necessity?
15 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Your actions can be controlled by many different effects but most have to do with your enviroment. If you live in a bad house you probley have mean or bad thalts when you are not at home. If you are in a place that does not have much violence then you well probley have a much easier going and easier life in the futher. I don't believe that it is a necessity because it is your life and you have to make actions that control how you well live.
I agree with Neil for the most part. I think that your actions are determined by the household you are raised by and the people you chose to be around for the most part. The enviroment that you put yourself in determines alot about the actions you make.I don't believe it's a necessity either because you make the choices that influence your life.
I agree with these points, but i thought the question was focusing more on public places, rather than someone's home life. I have very recently seen how enviornment can effect a person's attitude and actions. In a familiar place (Cleveland, for me) i was much more outgoing and confident because i knew my surroundings very well. Here in Hickory, i basically have no clue where anything is, or where I am for that matter. I think this definitely makes me more timid and unsure about going places with people because i'm relying on someone else's opinion or transportation. Though, i think that as time goes on and you become more comfortable in an area, you will probably go back to your original attitude and actions.
My belief is that you are responsible for your own actions. These actions can be swayed by numerous things. Different environments control my actions in various ways. For example, when im out with my friends I dont always use proper english and alot of the time and I act more rambunctious. On the other hand while im at church I act lady like, quiet and proper. I think it is a necessity to act certain ways at certain times to have diversity and be able to learn, teach, and experience all different situations.
I agree with what Neil is saying. You do make decisions about the choices you are going to make. People can not tell you how to live your life, but they can certainly influence you in the choices that you make. If you hang out with the wrong crowd and put yourself in bad or unsafe situations it usually shows or tells the way someone acts, and how they live their lives.
I think someone said this but I think the choices you make create your environment which in turn control your actions. I think it's a necessity for those who are followers and those who feel like they need to be like everyone else.
I have to agree with Shelly about this one. Coming to a school not knowing anyone and basically having to start over can really controll how a person acts. When a person's environment changes so can they, but hopefully they can get used to the new environment and go back to being themselves.
So far after reading some of the responses i completely agree with them. I do agree that you're actions are determined by the house hold that your brought up in. Then as you get out of the house your friends determine how you act to. Then again i dont think it should make you act a certain way but i ends up that way.
I agree with most of the people posting here. Coming from a small town with 1,000 people in it, Hickory feels like New York to me. The enviroment here is much faster than what I am used to so I had to adjust to this enviroment change. I feel that this is a necessity to be able to keep up. One thing around here is that the people have manners and are polite and I came from a family that lives by that. So I do believe that your actions are controlled by your enviroment no matter where you are or where you came from.
I agree with most people...Its true different spaces create different emotions and effects how you treat others..for example -If you have lived with family that cuss all of the time..you are effected by their actions and more likely to follow them. If you are in a family that has values, you are less likely to cuss, among other things.
I think the environment in public places does contain our actions. I believe if its a familiar place, that would allow us to "let our hair down" kinda thing. We will act a little more wild then if its a unfamiliar area. I do agree with the actions being contained all on the way you were brought up when you was a child. A example if your at a mall that you are familiar with, you might not just walk around and shop. You might stand around and socialize with people you may know.
I pretty much agree with everybody on this one, i think that coming into a new environment can be really different and especially making all new friends, so you have to be careful with the friends you chose to be around. Friends are the ones who influence you the most of the decisions you make, but nobody can live their life except for you and i don't believe that its a necessity because its your life and you chose the way you live.
You have control of all of your actions and your actions may or may not change when you enter an unfamiliar place. Some people may keep their gaurd and try to adapt slowly into something new because at first they may feel uncomfortable or some just fit right in and can be theirself. For example from my own personal view I live in a small town so when I came to Hickory I felt for the most part I was at home and began to adapt to my surroundings very fast, but say I went to a big city, I would be more kept to myself because I would be in a place that I wasn't comfortable with. I think that I agree more with shelly on this topic and its all really about being comfortable in the place you are and how you act there.
I definately believe that your environment shapes your actions and the way you behave, as the way in which you are brought up and the people you are surrounded by without a doubt shape your actions and behaviour. However, i dont believe that your environment is a neccessity as people inherit certain characteristics from their parents that makes them behave in certain ways.
I think adapting to an environment is being raised in a discipline home. Someone who has been raised right is usually goin to adapt well in their new environment. Whereas a person who has grew around violence usually will get in trouble a lot. But everyone controls there actions.
15 comments:
Your actions can be controlled by many different effects but most have to do with your enviroment. If you live in a bad house you probley have mean or bad thalts when you are not at home. If you are in a place that does not have much violence then you well probley have a much easier going and easier life in the futher. I don't believe that it is a necessity because it is your life and you have to make actions that control how you well live.
I agree with Neil for the most part. I think that your actions are determined by the household you are raised by and the people you chose to be around for the most part. The enviroment that you put yourself in determines alot about the actions you make.I don't believe it's a necessity either because you make the choices that influence your life.
I agree with these points, but i thought the question was focusing more on public places, rather than someone's home life. I have very recently seen how enviornment can effect a person's attitude and actions. In a familiar place (Cleveland, for me) i was much more outgoing and confident because i knew my surroundings very well. Here in Hickory, i basically have no clue where anything is, or where I am for that matter. I think this definitely makes me more timid and unsure about going places with people because i'm relying on someone else's opinion or transportation. Though, i think that as time goes on and you become more comfortable in an area, you will probably go back to your original attitude and actions.
My belief is that you are responsible for your own actions. These actions can be swayed by numerous things. Different environments control my actions in various ways. For example, when im out with my friends I dont always use proper english and alot of the time and I act more rambunctious. On the other hand while im at church I act lady like, quiet and proper. I think it is a necessity to act certain ways at certain times to have diversity and be able to learn, teach, and experience all different situations.
I agree with what Neil is saying. You do make decisions about the choices you are going to make. People can not tell you how to live your life, but they can certainly influence you in the choices that you make. If you hang out with the wrong crowd and put yourself in bad or unsafe situations it usually shows or tells the way someone acts, and how they live their lives.
I think someone said this but I think the choices you make create your environment which in turn control your actions. I think it's a necessity for those who are followers and those who feel like they need to be like everyone else.
I have to agree with Shelly about this one. Coming to a school not knowing anyone and basically having to start over can really controll how a person acts. When a person's environment changes so can they, but hopefully they can get used to the new environment and go back to being themselves.
So far after reading some of the responses i completely agree with them. I do agree that you're actions are determined by the house hold that your brought up in. Then as you get out of the house your friends determine how you act to. Then again i dont think it should make you act a certain way but i ends up that way.
I agree with most of the people posting here. Coming from a small town with 1,000 people in it, Hickory feels like New York to me. The enviroment here is much faster than what I am used to so I had to adjust to this enviroment change. I feel that this is a necessity to be able to keep up. One thing around here is that the people have manners and are polite and I came from a family that lives by that. So I do believe that your actions are controlled by your enviroment no matter where you are or where you came from.
I agree with most people...Its true different spaces create different emotions and effects how you treat others..for example -If you have lived with family that cuss all of the time..you are effected by their actions and more likely to follow them. If you are in a family that has values, you are less likely to cuss, among other things.
I think the environment in public places does contain our actions. I believe if its a familiar place, that would allow us to "let our hair down" kinda thing. We will act a little more wild then if its a unfamiliar area. I do agree with the actions being contained all on the way you were brought up when you was a child. A example if your at a mall that you are familiar with, you might not just walk around and shop. You might stand around and socialize with people you may know.
GO BEARS!!!
I pretty much agree with everybody on this one, i think that coming into a new environment can be really different and especially making all new friends, so you have to be careful with the friends you chose to be around. Friends are the ones who influence you the most of the decisions you make, but nobody can live their life except for you and i don't believe that its a necessity because its your life and you chose the way you live.
You have control of all of your actions and your actions may or may not change when you enter an unfamiliar place. Some people may keep their gaurd and try to adapt slowly into something new because at first they may feel uncomfortable or some just fit right in and can be theirself. For example from my own personal view I live in a small town so when I came to Hickory I felt for the most part I was at home and began to adapt to my surroundings very fast, but say I went to a big city, I would be more kept to myself because I would be in a place that I wasn't comfortable with. I think that I agree more with shelly on this topic and its all really about being comfortable in the place you are and how you act there.
I definately believe that your environment shapes your actions and the way you behave, as the way in which you are brought up and the people you are surrounded by without a doubt shape your actions and behaviour. However, i dont believe that your environment is a neccessity as people inherit certain characteristics from their parents that makes them behave in certain ways.
I think adapting to an environment is being raised in a discipline home. Someone who has been raised right is usually goin to adapt well in their new environment. Whereas a person who has grew around violence usually will get in trouble a lot. But everyone controls there actions.
Post a Comment