Monday, October 8, 2007
Krik Krak and Mts. Beyond Mts
This past week we started reading Krik Krak. And today in class we were discussing the comparisons and differences between the two books, Kirk Krak and Mountains beyond Mountains. Over the summer we were supposed to read Mountains beyond Mountains which is a non-fiction book, and Krik Krak which is a fiction book. They have different writing styles and other differences but also comparisons such as they're both talking about the hard life in Haiti. But overall with the two books we have just read, which book did you like the most and why?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I personally liked Krik? Krak! better than Mountains beyond Mountains. The writing style changed so much, it wasn't like reading one book, but several short stories, and they were very interesting, yet graphic. The first 100 pages of Mountains Beyond Mountains were extremely difficult for me to get through because it was so dry and boring. Krik? Krak! did a much better job of keep its audience entertained.
I like Mountains Beyond Mountains better because it is not as depressing. It also is more about helping the sick and dying people than talking about the abnormal uncomfortable subjects and stories they bring up in Krik Krak. I think Krik Krak would be better for a movie news kind of thing to make people aware of the bad things going on. Mountains Beyond Mountains may not be all cheerful but it definitly is not as graphic. So I Mtns. Beyonf MTns.
I would have to say i liked mountains beyond mountains because it went so much more in detal about what is going on and in krik krak i did not notice this to much. I liked krik krak but did not get into it like i did mountains beyond mountains.
I like the Krik Krak book more. the fact that it just made things interesting by story telling help me keep reading. Where as Mountains Beyond Mountains put me to sleep every time i read it.
I liked Krik Krak alot better than mountains beyong mountains. The reading is so much easier and you don't feel like your reading a book but short personal stories. The stories caught my attention because they are so personal.
I enjoyed Krik Krak, a very well composed book of short stories, and they really touch your heart. But I firmly believed that Mountains beyond Mountains was a better book. It was a great story, it didnt just bring the look of the Haitians, it brought all the phases of Haiti, Costa Rica, Russia, and a small look of the U.S. Paul Farmer was very inspirational. Tracy Kiddler really done a great job of capturing a hero at work. This guy didnt only just tell us on the poverty of that country, HE CHANGED THINGS TO. Maybe I liked it cause of the politics he had to go through, maybe I liked it cause of the medical lingo. But it was enjoyable.
I like Krik Krak better because it is more entertaining it keeps my attention. Mountains Beyond Mountains was extremely boring to me because it was back and forth the entire book and i lost interest very quick reading that book.
I liked Mountains Beyond Mountains a lot more than I did Krik Krak. The kidder book was all true and told the story of a great doctor which did something great for people who were less fortunate.
I liked krik krak the most. It kept me interested alot more than mountains beyond mountains. The storylines in krik krak were so much more understandable and all seemed to have a main point.
I liked Mountains beyond Mountains because its more like one man telling about his time in Haiti and the way he help people in this third world country. He tells the reason why he wonted to go help this peopole and how he help them. I think if you wonted to be a doctor Mountains beyond Mountains is the book you would want to wont to read.
I liked Krik Krak better. Krik Krak was good because it was like a series of short stories that you began to figure out are all linked. It was easier to read because it was a short but exciting bunch of stories with alot of drama.
I personally liked Krik, Krak because of the stories and how they intertwined with a tragic yet inspiring story of the hard lives that women of Haiti encountered through boat rides with pregnancey, to prostitution and the life of a bussiness woman. The stories left me thoughtful and happy that I live in America.
Post a Comment