Monday, December 3, 2007
Working Holidays
This also has nothing to do with the class but maybe with another one. My cousin is a Junior at Furman and over Thanksgiving Break she had to turn in a paper the day before Thanksgiving. She also received an e-mail back from the professor that Friday. She told me that her professor was Indian and that he didn't celebrate Thanksgiving. Do you think that its fair to have to write and turn in a paper over the holidays just because a particular teacher doesn't celebrate that holiday? Did anyone have a situation like this one?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I have not experienced this problem, and I would suggest that it is unlikely that someone has in our class. Since we are FRESHMAN! I do not believe that this is unfair. I think it is within the teachers rights to give you a paper, whenever they feel like it. I do believe if the holiday is recognized by the college, the teachers opinion does not matter. But, if he would comes up with another reason, the paper would be valid, and have a respectful level. I totally agree that the teacher can do that, and to be honest when I become a teacher, I will do that.
I think that it is stupid that teachers would give work over holidays. They should just give you work when school is in session. They shouldn't make it worse then it is.
the anonymous is mine SEAN DOUGHERTY'S
I think the reason that teacher didn't celebrate Thanksgiving is because the Europeans took everything away from the Indians. It's his way of getting back at them. I think it's totally bullshit! He should be fired.
I think that work over the holidays is not the right thing to do but if a teacher wants to they can. If i had gotting a paper over thanksgiving then i would have problley waited till the last day
That sucks. I don't really think anything can be done though...it just sucks...thats all I've got.
most native americans dont celebrate thanksgiving so that doesnt suprise me.
Post a Comment