Friday, November 2, 2007
Art
You can find art anywhere. Every culture has their own art,usually about the most important thing to those kind of people. There is high and low art Davinci would be considered high art and, A student at LR's art would most likely be considered low art. Most high art is art that has gone through the test of time and survived. Some art you cannot explain at all but it interests you because it is so different. Today in modern art people are even using their bodies as canvases.Does modern art change the way that people look at the world today? Does art have to pass the test of time to be High art?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I would say yes, modern art does change the way we look at the world. Art today is based on enviroment and society so it shows us how the world is perceived. I would say art does have to pass a "Test" because it takes alot to compare with davinci and high other artists.
I think modern art is the way people view the world now. In the past people had such a clear view of the world and didn't know as much as we do. So the art we have now is just expressing the changes and things we're experiencing today.
I do think that modern art changes the way that we look at the world. Modern art is more unusual and makes you think more. Also, modern art these days can be anything, someone could have some muddy shoes and a white piece of paper, and there you go its art. Hundreds of years ago that would never be considered art. Art just changes over time.
I think art affects the way we look at the world in many ways. We look at art work and it might prove a point, open our eyes to an issue, or expand our minds and make us more open minded to many subjects. I think High art can be High art to the present people or the past, it is all how they perceive it.
I think that modern art does change the way people see the world. Modern art work can be very weird,and different. You have to look at it hard to figure out what the peice is saying and what it means, and now days, it seems like anything can be artwork.(looking at the ones in the LR library.) And like Tori said, Art is changing everyday, the art you see today, you would never have seen years ago.
i would say that modern are doesnt change the way we see the world because it kind of shows how that artists sees the world. I do agree that art has to pass the "time" test because they're so many different types of art.
Modern art does not change the way that we see the world. Art today in society is what the artist thinks about it and how they think the world is. Now days people think every little thing is art. So no there is no way that it changes our view in todays world.
I would most definitely have to say yes. Modern art does change the way we look at the world today. I think it does have to pass the test of time to be considered high art. If it doesnt that means that it was just a fad that got old. Then it would be considered low art.
I think people are using art by the way they feel. People today are crazy, so therefore they use any form of art.
I think that most of modern art today is just trash. People try so hard to be "original" that the slightest piece of work that is different, will be put in some museum. However, you need to definitely know someone in the art business to get your name known. Many people can not just get by off of their drawing talent. And for the most part, i think that high art, can only be classified to those artists who are dead. How unfair is that?
I believe modern art does change the we look at the wolrd. It gives us a perspective on how we should view the world.
Art in the school can be much differnt than art around the world. If you go to Africa or somewhere not from around here then the art work well be differnt but if you go into our cafe then you well see differnt art work from differnt places in the world.
i would have to say that modern art does change the way we look at the world. if someone were to do a painting of life in somewhere in africa, then thats how we are going to portray africa as being. i also believe that high art doesnt have to be passed through the test of time. someone today could create a masterpiece.
I dont believe that modern art changes the way we look at the world at all. Everyday people really never observe art, so theres no way it can change the way they view the world. Personally modern art doesnt change my world view either. However, i do agree that high art has to stand the test of time. High art has to appeal to all different types of people from a variety of decades, other wise it doesnt justify its price tag.
Post a Comment