Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Holly's Question
Research studies show that television can have a negative impact on children. They have seen it effects the way children behave, such as repeating something they have heard or seen, and sometimes this may inappropriate behavior. Do you believe that television has a positive or negative impact on children, why or why not? Do you think that children should have a limit on what they watch and how much television they watch at a time?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I do think that television can have a negative impact on children. It is too time consuming and is one of the main causes of obesity today. I think there should be a limit on how much t.v. is watched by a child per day. There is so much more to do that can be productive rather than sitting in front of a television set all day.
i think its a good thing that kids watch tv. it keeps them entertained and out of the way. It's a good babysitter. so i dont think there should be a time limit on how much time is watched by little kids.
I believe that some television programs can have a negative impact on children. However, TV can be good for children because it can keep them entertained. There should be a limit on how much they watch and what they watch but besides that it is not to bad for children.
I think that television can have a negative impact on children because it does fill time that could be used in other ways. It also portrays too much violence for young children that they arent ready for. I don't think they should be limited but just monitored on what they watch.
I think that younger children should only watch educational TV such as PBS or Baby Einstein, primarily television without commercials. I do think that it contributes to obesity and even the progression of intelligence. I know many people who were not allowed to watch any TV as a child and today they are getting straight A's in high school and college. I think that sometimes television can benefit people, but most of the time, it's just mind numbing.
I think it depends on what the children watch, not necessarily the television itself. There are some good shows that now air for children to watch that are educational and safe for their age. Its the shows that are meant for adults that the kids watch which are bad for them. I do think that the time they watch tv should be limited.
I think that tv can be a good and negeative effect on children, and I do think that children should only watch some things such as the disney channel, and little things like that until they become more mature, like I would not let little children watch MTV. I think children should have a time limit and watch what they watch.
Through experience i have found that tv can be very negative because of nudity, sexuality, and and dirogitory language that is not good for children. T.V should be limited to children and should be supervised. The world uses T.V as an influence and I believe parents should be the influence not the T.V.
Tv can have a bad influnces and also can have a good influnces but there is shows that kids showed not have to watch but the parents are the blame for this and if the show is rated mature then the kid showed not watch it.
I think television definitely has a negative impact on children. I think children should be limited to a certain amount of t.v. they get to watch, but looks like to me children are watching more t.v. than I used to when I was a kid.
i think that kids watching tv is not really going to hurt them but parents do have to take some action you cant just sit your kid infront of a tv and leave them alone thats not good parenting
I believe that TV can have a negative and positive affect on children. Some of the commercials are about not doing drugs, eating healthy, and exercising. Some of the commercials can be really bad though. They teach kids that it is OK to be gay, have sex, and disrespect parents. I think that TV should make special channels that are only for children that are very strict about what commercials are shown.
i believe that television can have both a good and bad impact on childrens behavior. my final research paper is about the simpsons and what kind of role it plays for children.
I definately think television affects the children behave. I know my little brother copies things he sees on tv. I think this may be down to the mentatilty of mdoern day society towards tv. We believe that everything we see is 100% true. This is clearly wrong. Children should definately have a limit on what can watch, because they are vunerable and sucespable to new ideas.
Post a Comment